One-on-One PR & Publicity Consulting for you and your team.
Ready to take your business to the next level, earn credibility and make your work known?
Join me for one-on-one consulting to get in the media, build a platform and share your work with the world!
Hello and welcome!
I’m happy you’re here to learn about my One-on-One PR & Publicity Consulting.
Being in the media separates those who are viewed as leaders from the rest of the pack. Nothing says you’re the real deal and credible more than having media logos on your websites, books or products.
The number one reason people struggle is because a lack of visibility. It’s nothing personal – it simply comes down to not enough people know about their business, blog or book.
I know first-hand what a total game-changer and momentum builder getting in the media is.
After receiving a Master’s in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston, I began my career working as an entertainment publicist on American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Gilmore Girls, Malcolm in the Middle and several other award-winning TV shows.
It wasn’t until I left the PR firm though, and founded Savvy Miss, an online community dedicated to connecting, empowering and informing women around the world, that I understood how powerful publicity could be for entrepreneurs, bloggers, authors, coaches and small businesses.
Our first year in business, we were like the little engine that could. Our team consisted of a handful of women (and one very savvy guy!) all under 30 years-old and we operated on a total shoe-string budget.
We didn’t have VC’s or any major financial backing, but we had a lot of heart and somehow “the little engine that could” was named a Forbes a Top 100 Website for Women and took home a handful of W3 awards including Best Writing and Content for a Lifestyle Website and Best Lifestyle Website Overall.
We also landed incredible interviews with top newsmakers including Arianna Huffington, Candace Bushnell, Lisa Ling, Dr. Drew, Gloria Allred, Padma Lakshmi, Nikki Taylor, India Arie, Sue Johannson, Tammy Duckworth, Lisa Nichols and Nancy Juvoven to name a few.
Do you want to know our secret weapon?
We knew how to use PR and publicity to our advantage.
Everyone on our team did publicity – even editors and interns – and we were constantly being interviewed and talked about on the radio and written about in newspapers and online journals.
We didn’t have the money to spend on ads or time to deal with the hit-or-miss frustrations social media often brings, so we focused our efforts on PR and publicity.
And it paid off big time!
That’s why I became a private consultant and created the DIY PR & Publicity Course to teach fellow entrepreneurs, authors, coaches, bloggers, small businesses and their teams how to use publicity to do the same as our Savvy team.
For over a decade, I’ve helped amazing people like you get in the media and increase revenues, create a loyal audience of newsletter subscribers and social media followers, land book deals, speaking engagements and best of all, share their incredible work with the world.
And by the way, it’s easier than you think!
I look forward to working with you,
My One-on-One Consulting Will Help You:
• Take your business to the next level.
• Earn credibility. Be able to highlight media logos on your website and bio.
• Build a platform and loyal fan base.
• Decrease stress, struggle and overwhelm in your business and increase ease and joy.
• Make clients and customers come to you instead of having to chase them down.
• Feel confident and have a strong sense of self-worth.
• Help more people by sharing your work, messages and gifts with the world.
My approach is unique in that I combine PR and publicity and and media strategy and help you leverage it with savvy online marketing techniques.
I’ll help you clarify, create goals, provide strategy, support, accountability and feedback.
I’ll also offer concrete and specific advice, skills and guidance to get in the media and reach your goals.
What You’ll Take Away:
• Learn how to pitch the media and get in magazines, TV, radio, podcasts and online media.
• Increase revenues and your bottom line. Get new clients, sell more products, book speaking engagements, land book deals and establish business partnerships.
• Earn credibility. When you’re in the media you’re considered the real deal. People are far more likely to choose you to work with, purchase from and partner with when they see you’ve been in print, radio, TV or online media.
• Boost your confidence. Let go of any negative beliefs that have been holding you back.
• Help more people. You have unique gifts people in the world will benefit from and need to know about. Being in the media and doing online marketing is the best way to share your work with the people who need it.
• Boost your email list, social media followers and create a robust platform. Increase your visibility and build a loyal tribe.
• Learn how to show up as your best self and feel comfortable putting yourself out there.
• Learn how to craft amazing stories and pitches the media will fall in love with.
• Know exactly how to market yourself, business, book, or product without feeling sleazy or sales-y.
• Share your work, messages and YOU with the world!
How One-on-One Consulting Works & What it Includes:
When you sign-up, you’ll receive a Welcome Workbook to help you get clear on where you are now and where you’d like to be in the future. This powerful workbook will give us both insight into your business and life.
I’ll thoroughly review your Welcome Workbook, along with your website and online presence to get to know your business inside and out so we can dive right in when we begin.
As soon as you sign up you’ll receive full access to my DIY PR & Publicity Course. Throughout our time together, you’ll go through all 6 training modules on your own (quick videos and PDF workbooks) and send me your workbooks for review.
We’ll also have 4 1-hour one-on-one phone or Skype sessions where you’ll receive personal support, strategy, guidance, feedback, inspiration and empowerment so you can get in the media and take your business to the next level.
For best results our training will go as follows:
- Week 1 – Welcome Workbook: You’ll complete the Welcome Workbook and send it to me for review.
- Week 2 – Training Modules 1 & 2: You’ll complete modules 1 & 2 and send me your workbooks for review.
- Week 3 – Call #1
- Week 4 – Training Modules 3 & 4: You’ll complete modules 3 & 4 and send me your workbooks for review.
- Week 5 – Call #2
- Week 6 – Call #3
- Week 7 – Training Modules 5 & 6: You’ll complete modules 5 & 6 and send me your workbooks for review.
- Week 8 – Call #4
I’ll be working behind the scenes on your strategy, stories, angles and pitches and you’ll walk away from our time together with everything you need to know to be your own publicist and get in magazines, TV, radio, podcasts and online media.
You’ll also receive:
• Media Strategy. Together we’ll create a media strategy personalized to you to reach your goals.
• Email Support: If a question comes up, you need support, feedback, or want to share a win you’ll have email access to me.
• Pitch Templates, Real Examples of Pitches, Worksheets, Resources, Inspiration, Tips and Tools.
• Professional editing, feedback and guidance on pitches, press and marketing materials.
• Media contact information including direct emails, phone numbers and addresses of outlets and journalists that are a good fit for you. ($1,000 value)
• Full access to my DIY PR & Publicity Course and bonus library. ($347 value).
• Option for single 1/2 hour or 1-hour one-on-one sessions with me via phone or Skype if you want additional support down the road. (Exclusive to my one-on-one consulting clients and group coaching students.)
Total Investment: $3,500
To learn more and see if one-on-one consulting’s a good fit for you CLICK HERE to contact me.
I look forward to working with you!
Have a question? Click HERE to contact me.
What People Say About Working with Emily