Hi, I’m Emily Florence, and I’m an author, the Founder of EveryDay Happy, and the host of the EveryDay Happy Show podcast. I’m also a certified life, life purpose and business coach helping people create more joy and ease in their businesses and lives.
Before becoming an author and an online entrepreneur, I was an entertainment publicist representing award-winning clients including American Idol, Gilmore Girls, So You Think You Can Dance and more.
I have a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston and a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California at Santa Barbara. My company is honored to be named a Forbes Top 100 Website for Women and a W3 Award Winner for Best Writing for a Lifestyle Website.
Thank you for being here. Have a wonderful day!
6 Fun Facts About Me
1. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds flat.
2. At 20 years-old, I took a quarter off from college and went to Europe for several months by myself. The first month I lived in a flat in Florence, Italy with seven other people – I was the only American. The remainder of my trip I traveled everywhere I could.
That experience changed me to my core. Everything about it from traveling alone half-way across the world, to meeting new people, seeing other ways of living, learning how to depend on myself, and even not complaining because I didn’t have anyone to complain to. I highly recommend traveling solo for everyone.
3. I’ve been lucky to call 9+ special places ‘home’ so far in my life including: Ojai, CA, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Florence, Italy, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Boston, New York City and Kauai, Hawaii.
4. I dropped out of law school after four days. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I finished college and law school was something I applied for and got in to, so I went. And even though I felt really cool saying “I’m going to law school,” by my second day I knew that it wasn’t something I wanted, and if I stayed the only reason I’d be doing so was to prove to everyone that I could do it.
That was the moment in my life when I realized that at the end of the day it didn’t matter what people thought or said about me, what mattered was how I felt. In making the decision to leave, I chose to live my life for me.
5. I have the cutest, sweetest and silliest Labrador pup on the planet, named Harper, who completely has my heart.
6. Quotes I live by:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau.
And from Audrey Hepburn, “The most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy, it’s all that matters.”
Believe in yourself, choose more of what makes you happy, and follow your heart – no matter who tells you otherwise.
Stay in touch!
Get personal stories, exciting updates and more when you sign up for my newsletter.