Hi, I’m Emily Florence and I’m the founder of EveryDay Happy (formerly known as Savvy Miss), which is honored to be named a Forbes Top 100 Website for Women. I’m also the host of the EveryDay Happy Show podcast, a certified life, life purpose and business coach, a writer, and a former entertainment publicist and journalist.
I’m a puppy mama to the silliest lab on the planet named Harper, who you’ve probably seen quite a bit of if you hang out with me on Instagram. (And yes, I may be a bit biased!) I’m a lover of green tea, a travel enthusiast, a grateful optimist and a huge fan of pretty much all food made with cheese.
I love inspiring and supporting people to create happier, more fulfilled, easygoing lives — and to be kinder to the amazing person staring back at them in the mirror.
I have a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston, a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California at Santa Barbara and a Life Coaching Certificate. I’m also thrilled to be the author of three books – two of which will be published next year (the other is buried in the yard – call it practice!).
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur I was an entertainment publicist representing award-winning clients including American Idol, Gilmore Girls, So You Think You Can Dance, Malcolm in the Middle, Bernie Mac and more.
I believe Audrey Hepburn was right when she said, “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.” I also believe we’re meant to be kind and loving to ourselves.
Thank you for being here. Have a wonderful day!
6 Fun Facts About Yours Truly
1. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds flat.
2. At 20 years-old, I took time off of college and went to Europe for four months by myself. The first month I lived in a flat in Florence, Italy with seven other people – I was the only American. The remainder of my trip I traveled everywhere I could.
That experience changed me to my core. Everything about it from traveling alone half-way across the world, meeting new people, seeing other ways of living, learning how to depend on myself, going out to dinner by myself, not complaining because I didn’t have anyone to complain to – I highly recommend traveling solo for everyone.
3. I’ve lived in 9+ places in my life so far including: Ojai, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Florence, Italy, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Boston, New York City and Kauai, Hawaii.
4. I dropped out of law school after four days. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I finished college and law school was something I applied for and got in to, so I went. And even though I felt really cool saying “I’m going to law school,” by my second day I knew that it wasn’t something I wanted—and if I stayed the only reason I’d be doing so was to prove to everyone that I could do it.
That was the moment in my life when I first realized that at the end of the day it didn’t matter what people thought or said about me, what mattered was how I felt. In making the decision to leave, I chose to live my life for me.
5. I have a yellow lab pup named Harper who completely has my heart!
6. Quotes I live by:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you’ve imagined.” – Thoreau. And to accompany it a quote by Audrey Hepburn “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.”
Learn those quotes, believe in yourself and follow your heart no matter who tells you otherwise.
Want to stay in touch?
Sign up for my newsletter below!