Hello and welcome!
Ever since I was a child, I had a penchant for inspiring and supporting people to live the life of their dreams. I also knew I was born an entrepreneur and the 9-5 office grind wasn’t for me – at least not for life.
I’m the founder and CEO of Savvy Miss, a community dedicated to connecting, inspiring and empowering women. Savvy Miss has been named a Forbes Top 100 Website for Women and W3 Award Winner for Best Lifestyle Website and Best Writing & Content for a Lifestyle Website, among other awards and honors.
I’m also the creator of the DIY PR Course designed to teach fellow entrepreneurs, coaches, bloggers and authors how to get in the media, earn credibility and share their work with the world.
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, I was an entertainment publicist representing award-winning TV clients including American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Gilmore Girls, Bernie Mac and Malcolm in the Middle.
I have a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston, a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California at Santa Barbara and I’m a Certified Life, Life Purpose and Career Coach.
I believe we all have unique gifts to share with the world and deserve to make a living doing what we love. I also believe we’re meant to be happy, kind and loving to ourselves.
To me, it’s what life’s about.
Love and smiles,
6 Fun Facts About Yours Truly
1. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds flat.
2. At 20 years-old I took time off of college and went to Europe for four months by myself. The first month I lived in a flat in Florence, Italy with seven other people – I was the only American. The remainder of my trip I traveled everywhere I could.
That experience changed me to my core. Everything about it from traveling alone half-way across the world, meeting new people, seeing other ways of living, learning how to depend on myself, going out to dinner by myself, not complaining because I didn’t have anyone to complain to – I highly recommend traveling solo for everyone.
3. I’ve lived in 8+ places in my life so far including: Ojai, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Florence, Italy, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Boston and New York City.
4. I dropped out of law school after four days. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I finished college and law school was something I applied for and got in to, so I went. And even though I felt really cool saying “I’m going to law school,” by my second day I knew that it wasn’t something I wanted—and if I stayed the only reason I’d be doing so was to prove to everyone that I could do it.
That was the moment in my life when I first realized that at the end of the day it didn’t matter what people thought or said about me, what mattered was how I felt. In making the decision to leave, I chose to live my life for me.
5. Quotes I live by:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you’ve imagined.” – Thoreau. And to accompany it a Chinese Proverb, “Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
Learn those quotes and own them. Believe in yourself and follow your passion no matter who tells you otherwise.
6. I have a yellow lab pup named Harper who completely has my heart!
Stay in Touch
For inspiration, empowerment and fun sign up to my newsletter and join me on Instagram.